Chapter Blueprint | Build Each Room and Soon You'll Have a House
You’ve brain dumped, bullet-pointed, maybe even walked in the woods talking to yourself. It’s time to give those ideas some structure.
Here's a quick overview of how you could organize each chapter.
- Title: succinct, sharp, and short
- Subtitle (optional): explain, elaborate, or entertain
- Quote (optional): a quote, usually from someone else, to use “their words” to introduce “your words.”
- Opening/hook/introduction: like the opening lines of a movie, welcome the reader to this chapter.
- Body: clarify, elaborate, use examples to get across the chapter message
- Stories (optional): case studies, examples (ideally from other people) proving your message. Optional but highly recommended!
- Takeaway: remind the reader what you just taught them and what they’re now taking away from this chapter.
- Action (optional): inspire the reader to take real action. You could offer 2 action ideas: 1 super easy and 1 more difficult. If you only do 1, make it easy. We want them to succeed!